Google on Tuesday honoured well-known Indian poet Balamani Amma on her 113th birth anniversary with a special doodle committed to her. The doodle has actually been developed by Kerala-based artist Devika Ramachandran.
1. Nalapat Balamani Amma was born upon July 19, 1909, in after that Madras Presidency. She was the recipient of many honors and honours, consisting of the Padma Bhushan, Sahitya Akademi Award and also Saraswati Samman.
2. She remains to be called the ‘amma’ (mom) and ‘muthassi’ (granny) of Malayalam poetry.
3. Balamani Amma’s initial poem ‘Koppukai’ was released in the year 1930, when she was simply 21. She released over 20 compilations of rhymes, as well as other jobs such as translations.
4. She motivated generations of Malayalam poets. Her most famous works consist of Amma (1934 ), Muthassi (1962) and also Mazhuvinte Katha (1966 ).
5. Her daughter Kamala Das is a widely known writer. Das’ memoir, “My Tale” was released in 1976. Balamani Amma got married to VM Nair, the managing editor of the extensively distributed Malayalam day-to-day Mathrubhumi, at the age of 19.